Friday, December 5, 2014

Candy Lacquer "Frozen"

Happy December, Twinklings!!  Winter break unofficially began two days ago for me, and I am finally back in the land of snow!  Hooray!  It's been a crazy flurry of activity the past several weeks, and though I don't think it is going to truly relent this break (does it ever?) my hope is to share all the beautiful holiday things with you this next month!  #holidayallthethings

November 27 (i.e. Thanksgiving) marked the first anniversary of FROZEN, and because I love Frozen more than I have ever loved anything, I thought I'd celebrate with a sprinkling of Frozen-inspired polish posts throughout the week!  First up is a beautiful limited edition by Candy Lacquer... "Frozen"!!   (Because, what else?!)

Candy Lacquer "Frozen"

"Frozen" is a sparkling mélange of teensy tiny metallic glitters in frosty sky blue, icy aquamarine, and wintry silver, plus a scattering silver holographic and rose pink sparks.  Ooh la la, it's an ice queen's dream!!  I'm not sure if "Frozen" is technically in reference to the movie... but it certainly suits.  I particularly love the addition of the sparse pink glitters; they, with the elusive glimmerings of holographic rainbow sparkles, add just enough complexity and allure to make this not just another blue microglitter (though the two tones of light blue makes a good start on that).  The pink could also be construed as a nod to Elsa's shimmering orchid lids.  According to Sandra, the fairy genius behind Candy Lacquer, there are also some purples and other shades of blue hiding in here...  Just another reason for me to sit here and stare at my sparkling nails

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {glossy}

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {au naturel}

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {glossy}

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {au naturel}

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {glossy}

Candy Lacquer "Frozen" {au naturel}

"Frozen" is a full coverage microglitter that is easily opaque in two coats, and is probably two dense for layering.  The natural sparkling sugar glitter finish is beautiful as is if you love textured effects, or you can glaze it over with two layers of topcoat if you want to really make those glitters sing.

You can find "Frozen" and Sandra's other adorable creations at the Candy Lacquer website, and she is actually having a holiday sale now through Sunday 9pm CST time: 20% off everything with code HOLIDAY20!!  There are a bunch of polishes on sale for $7 - $7.50, including Pumpkin Fairy and Bloody Unicorn that I reviewed around Halloween time.  I've been waiting and waiting for a Candy Lacquer sale ever since she posted her holiday lacquers so I was all like WHEEEE HAPPINESS when I woke up to a holiday promotion code

And so concludes Day 1 of the Frozen swatch-athon!  Stay tuned, fellow snow lovies!! 

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff


No comments:

Post a Comment