Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fair Maiden "Sleigh Bells In The Snow" & "The Stars Are Brightly Shining"

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas // just like the ones I used to know // where the treetops glisten // and children listen // to hear sleigh bells in the snow..."

I cannot help myself; these polishes make me want to sing!  There's the obvious cause of blatant suggestion - "O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining..."- but also, these lacquers are so radiantly gorgeous that you might just be inspired to "fall on your knees!".  You may even "hear the angel voices!"  Oh night divine, indeed.

 


"Sleigh Bells In The Snow" + "The Stars Are Brightly Shining"

* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *



 Sleigh Bells In The Snow

"Sleigh Bells In The Snow" is a white platinum holographic polish glistening with dazzling ice blue microflakie shimmers.  Not quite white snow, not quite silver bells, this gorgeous frost polish has decidedly icy blue overtones, and gleams with an orchid purple cast at oblique angles (warning: dangerously beautiful while driving).  In a brief shard of sunlight I was able to see the frozen holographic flame blaze to life, but alas, fleece white skies it is again.  I guess you'll just have to believe me: it's there, it's there, I swear!




"Sleigh Bells In The Snow" was opaque in three coats for me, but the moderately slow-paced dry time meant that my mani was fatally compromised in an unfortunate interfacing with my jeans buttons ( :*{ ), so I actually ended up using four (plus some marginally successful buffering). 


"Sleigh Bells In The Snow"



* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *

 The Stars Are Brightly Shining

"The Stars Are Brightly Shining" is a glowing host of copper glitters in a sea of gold iridescent shimmer that undulates with an oblique peridot green sheen that subtly shifts into peacock, sapphire, even amethyst at the very steepest edges.  Of all the metallic glitters I've seen, I've never seen one quite like this.  The bright burnished copper, and the candlelight gold glimmering with mistletoe kisses, brings to mind holiday ballrooms and festive merriment. 


"The Stars Are Brightly Shining"



I loved this glitter brushed over "Sleigh Bells In The Snow"; the warm molten tones bring out the frosty blue of one, while the silvery coolness enhances the iridescent green shift of the other.  On it's own, "The Stars Are Brightly Shining" would easily be opaque in two to three coats; the glitters are incredibly dense, as you can ascertain from the fact that I used only one thick coat over "Sleigh Bells In The Snow" on my full-coverage nails.  For the gilded gold ombré, I simply brushed the glitters on in two crescents; one sparse and one dense.



"The Stars Are Brightly Shining"


* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *
 

"Sleigh Bells In The Snow" & "The Stars Are Brightly Shining" may be found at Fair Maiden Polish for $9 each, though I just realized that they are currently out of stock (sad sad meows).  Here's hoping that they will be making a return, along with the rest of the *Baby, It's Cold Outside!* holiday collection.

 

♥ * ♥ *

On a bleak midwinter note, my grandma Marilyn passed away this morning; and a sweeter, more gentle human being you will never meet.  I like to think that when the stars are brightly shining tonight, they will be celebrating the arrival of one more twinkling angel.

♥ * ♥ *

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

2 comments:

  1. My sympathies on the passing of your grandmother, Marisa.

    The manicure you created with these Fair Maiden polishes is beautiful, the warmth of the glitter over the chilly pale blue holo is so elegant and graceful! I think that it also brings out some of the holographic nuancing in Sleigh Bells in the Snow. Just a perfectly lovely and festive winter mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz ♥ ♥ ♥ On all counts.

      I absolutely love glitter gradients, and something about the elemental contrast of this one was so captivating to me. I was so sad to take it off! I feel like it needed a video to adequately describe the dynamic. But then, you always just get it so nevermind ;)

      Delete