Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Icing : Cashmere "NYE" *starring Auntie Deborah*

Happy New Year's Eve, all you Twinkling goddesses out there!  Since I started this blog, I've been collecting pictures of manicures I have done for friends, as swatches and NOTD fun, but more importantly, as proof and validation that beauty reigns in all hands (and humans in general) regardless of nail shape, age, industry, etc.  My Auntie Deborah, once a makeup artist, now my fairy godmother, kindly posed for these swatches way back in September, but with a name like "NYE" I thought it only fitting that this polish, and my first guest feature, should debut on the last day of the year!!  Here's to a sparkling night of champagne kisses, and a most wonderful 2014!  Let this post and this night be a celebration of the profound beauty in heart, body, and soul that shines in all of us.





"NYE" is a cool platinum blonde gold with metallic silver shimmer, and a soft satin finish that Icing luxuriously labels as its "cashmere effect".  Champagne toasts and glamorous galas come to mind, though those relaxing at home this special midnight will also appreciate the elegant yet cozy personality of "NYE".  Dress it up or just let it shine, this polish and this night are both what you make of it.




The formula of "NYE" was quite lovely, with an even silky glide over the nail, and a quick setting time.  It was opaque to the eye in two coats, but as you can see the camera would have prefer three coats if you will be in a red carpet spotlight this evening.




I picked up "NYE" at Icing while it was on sale for $2.

* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *
Enumerable thanks to my loving Auntie Deborah for sharing this polish with us all!  She has been a fount of wisdom, encouragement, inspiration, and enthusiasm for Tiny Twinklings and in my life, and I am grateful for her sparkling spirit every single day.  Shimmering wintery gold is just a most perfect personification of everything she is!
XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

No comments:

Post a Comment