Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Eve NOTD: Girly Bits "Eggnogaholic" + Orly "Halo"

You know, I'm not usually all that into eggnog, but I was having a lovely tea time with my dear friend Grace yesterday, and kind of rediscovered the eggnog magic.  Every time I have gone to make tea during the last week I would look in the fridge at the eggnog, and ask whoever happened to be nearby if they thought a dash of it would be good in tea, and everyone unanimously was like ew no gross Marisa, what the blazes are you thinking, but then yesterday I finally just went for it because whatever YOLO and, you know what?  It was absolutely amazing.  I made everyone in the house try it, and they all agreed that it was delicious.  A big ol' mugfull of hot water steeped in Celestial Seasonings Nutcracker Sweet black tea, plus equal parts eggnog and skim milk, plus a bit of agave nectar for extra sugar with that spice... heaven.

Unfortunately, today when I went to recreate my scrumptious treat, I was quietly devastated to discover that we were out of both Nutcracker Sweet and eggnog.  :(  Bigelow Eggnoggin' black & green tea blend was just not the same.

Thankfully I have a beautiful eggnog confection that my giant, college-football-playing brother cannot devour, like he does any and all other edible things: the aptly-named glitter crelly by Girly Bits, which served as the base for my Christmas Eve manicure.  Inspired by snow angels, shining stars, and all things beautiful and bright, I was and am so in love with these heavenly lacquers together in seraphic harmony.




Girly Bits "Eggnogaholic" is a marshmallow white crelly dusted with champagne gold glitters ranging from small to medium hexes.  There are several indie crellies out there with a white base and gold glitters (and here's a few to get you started, if you can't get enough): Liquid Sky Lacquer "Smiling is My Favorite", Serum No. 5 "Gild Free", Beyond the Nail "Blessed", Different Dimension "Lucid Dreams", Black Dahlia Lacquer "Olaf's Snowflower", etc.  However, and this is just an observation based on swatches because I don't own all of these in person, "Eggnogaholic" is unique among them in that the gold glitters actually have a softened rose gold sheen, while the others are all a true yellow gold.  It really is just so divinely elegant, and perfectly holiday chic.

* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *

Orly "Halo" is an angelic glitter topper, radiant with silver hexes and tiny brassy gold and silver sparkles.  I swept it on it two coats: one to the middle of the nail, and one just along the tip for an easy glitter gradient.




"Eggnogaholic" can be found at the Girly Bits website, an fabulous indie polish maker out of Canada, while "Halo" can be found at Ulta, and wherever Orly is sold (it is part of their core line).

* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *

What is your favorite way to take your tea??

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

No comments:

Post a Comment