Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lucky 13 Lacquer: "The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" {Frozen: Day 6}

"Let it go, let it go // And I'll rise like the break of dawn // Let it go, let it go // That perfect girl is gone

Here I stand // in the light of day // Let the storm rage on! // The cold never bothered me anyway."

I don't know if I've mentioned this or if you've already figured it out... but I do have a serious Frozen problem.  It goes like this: I'm walking through a store, and see some Frozen merchandise, and like a moth to a lightbulb I am inexorably drawn to the display.  90% of the time it is children's trinkets, but 100% of the time by brain is subconsciously wondering, what among this rubbish could I reasonably own/wear?  By reasonable I mean, socially as a rational adult woman, and with regards to what is physically possible (because as pretty as some of these little girl clothes are, they are clearly never ever ever going to squish on to any part of my body besides like my lower arm, and even the crazy part of my brain accepts this).  But I can't help it, and by golly, I occasionally find things that are made for full-size humans!!  Which is great, and yet despite the fact that I am a legal adult I feel like I should be able to buy a ready-to-wear Elsa princess gown at Target, too.  And a plastic Elsa crown, complete with light-up wand.  I see what these little kids are getting; I know what's due to me.

So in lieu of embarrassing myself by publicly possessing Frozen children's toys, I think I'll just keep giving myself manicures with these lovely Frozen-inspired polishes ;)  Today we return to Lucky 13 Lacquer's *Let It Go* collection with a ice blue hue frosty enough to make my soul spiral in frozen fractals all around...

"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway"

"and I'll rise like the break of dawn..."



"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" is a perfect powder blue holographic polish- and by holo, I mean HOLO.  Even in dim indoor lighting, and even with a light base color, I'm getting serious holographic flames all over the place.  I can't wait to see what this looks like in the sunshine (of which we have none, only lovely soft winter white skies).  If you are like me and were cartjacked out of Enchanted Polish "Ballerina Sprinkles" ages ago and have never gotten over it...  Mourn no more.  This is the beautiful pale blue you've been craving, and more, because FROZEN. 

 
"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway"



It's really amazing how far holographic polishes have come in the past few years, from temperamental application, negligible wear, and primadonna non-holo-ness in most lights to, well, this!  "The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" has a beautiful buttery application that was functionally opaque in two coats (I used three for full brightness and intensity), very quick dry time, a high-gloss finish that scoffs at the idea of topcoat, and this HOLONESS.  Color me impressed.  This polish is incredible- seriously.  Not that I really expect you to take me seriously after my Frozen insanity confession above (I didn't even tell you about how I found Elsa light-up sneakers in the children's shoe section today while Christmas shopping, and was bouncing them around so enthusiastically that my boyfriend was like "Oh, do I need to find you a big girl pair??"), but just believe me on this: it's stunning.


"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway"
 
"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" and the rest of the *Let It Go* collection can be found at the Lucky 13 Lacquer website.

* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *

There were going to be two polishes today, but I figured we could round the swatch-athon out to a full week; and just you wait until you see what's coming tomorrow!!  In the meantime, here's your Frozen countdown to date:


Day 5: "No One Elsa But You"

Day 4: Lucky 13 Lacquer *Let It Go*

Day 3: Fair Maiden "Frozen Heart"

Day 2: Glam Polish "In Summer"

Day 1: Candy Lacquer "Frozen"

* ♥ *

 Because after all...

"The cold never bothered me anyway."
* ♥ * ❄ * ♥ *

XOXO,
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

2 comments:

  1. Elsa light-up sneakers?! Where??? I need them LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha RIGHT?! The tiny elf pair were at Famous Footwear but when I find adult size ones (AND I WILL) you will be the first to know, Kim! ;)

      Delete