Friday, December 5, 2014

Bath & Body Works "A Thousand Wishes" & other sparkles

Bienvenue, mes belles!  ♥  I'm almost a little embarrassed at how long I've had these poor photos sitting around, waiting patiently to be reviewed... I captured these on October 11.  That was eight full weeks ago!  Oy.  I'm sorry, pretty pictures.  I had hoped to share you before Black Friday and the official "A Thousand Wishes" release, but then, I hope for many things.  Just goes to show how busy life has been, I guess.  And in truth, there are many many more albums still to be shared... another day.  For now, it is these holiday beauties' time to shine!  (Beauties plural, because *surprise bonus mani* hooray!)

B&BW "A Thousand Wishes" // Ulta "Starry Night" + Ethereal Lacquer "Rosé Ravira"


 "A Thousand Wishes" is an elegant, feminine fragrance that I think many women are going to absolutely love for the holidays.  The fragrance profile, as delineated by Bath & Body Works, is as follows:
  • Top Notes: Sparkling Champagne, Twinkling Star Fruit, Golden Quince
  • Mid Notes: Crystal Peonies, Purple Freesia
  • Dry Notes: Gilded Amber, Almond Crème, Sugared Sandalwood, Velvet Musk
I don't know about you, but every fragrance ever sounds amazing to me in words.  Don't you just want to dance about in a room gathered full of all these things??  It sounds like a happy, dazzling place.





I'm no perfume connoisseur (and I know next to nothing about wine), but if I were to describe it, I would say that "A Thousand Wishes" is a dry perfume; there is not much sweet to syrup up this scent.  As such, it has an almost powdery, icy character when inhaled, higher than a deep, full-bodied musk; I imagine that this is the bubbly talking.  If you love seductively floral, aromatic, sophisticated scents, you should really give "A Thousand Wishes" a whirl.

As much as I love the poetry of its description, and the beauty of the bouquet I imagine it making, this scent just isn't for me.  I'm terribly vulnerable to beautiful packaging, and "A Thousand Wishes" has the best: sparkling, wistful, optimistic, classic.  I just had to give it a go, so the little sample bottles were perfect.  It might not be my usual kind of fragrance, but I don't mind wearing this at all; it is perfectly lovely, and like I say, very elegant.

And now... bonus manicure!!  I was inspired by the gorgeousness of this little bottle, with its falling gold & silver holographic drops, and metallic rose cap, and cherry kiss ombré.  This, to me, is what the best holidays look like: sweet & graceful, frosty & warm, sparkling & bright, all at once.  I was naughty rather than nice, and used what I believe to be discontinued nail polishes for this... *le sigh*.  Hopefully this is inspiring as opposed to heartbreaking.  The base is Ethereal Lacquer "Rosé Ravira" (which I found and I see that one still can find on Storenvy), while the glitter is Ulta "Starry Night".  I think "Starry Night" is such a perfect holiday glitter, with its radiant gold and silver holographic hexes. 


Ulta "Starry Night" + Ethereal Lacquer "Rosé Ravira"
Ulta "Starry Night" + Ethereal Lacquer "Rosé Ravira"
 
The full line of "A Thousand Wishes" (and not just the ickle tester bottle!) may be found now at Bath & Body Works online & in stores.

What is your favorite holiday scent??

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

No comments:

Post a Comment