Monday, September 29, 2014

Lilypad Lacquer : The Seasons of Change Collection : "Wintery Bliss"

Happy Monday, Twinklings!!  I have so many beautiful things to share with you, and so little time to do so!  It was my birthday this past Friday (!), and between a magical woodland walk, ice skating, and beating le boyfriend at croquet (unprecedented!), it was a wondrous, magical day.  A bittersweet one too, because the next morning I was on my way back to Oregon for my last year of college.  But this year, I'm really trying to embrace the present, and find happiness in the moment.  Through the years of long distance, I am finally learning that it is a choice that I can make.  I'll always be happier with my better half, but I'm realizing that if I just wait for happiness to be granted to me when the stars all align... well, then it will be long-awaited and short-lived.  Happiness is created and nurtured, not achieved or acquired.  And therein lies the foundation of my thesis work this year :)

Lilypad Lacquer "Wintery Bliss"


Speaking of happiness, Lilypad Lacquer has been busy unveiling a ton of gorgeous polishes in the past couple weeks and they will all make your color lover heart trill with joy (and your pocketbook tremble in fear).  Several Llarowe exclusives, including the eagerly-anticipated Seasons of Change collection, debuted with a huuuggge Llarowe launch Tuesday September 16, and I mean it must have been monstrous, because it took a full week for my package to ship out.  It was quite unusual for Llarowe; even on sale days, I've never experienced anything near such a long processing period.  It was making me quite anxious; I was afraid that it wouldn't arrive before I had to move, but then "Wintery Bliss" arrived Friday morning, just in time for my birthday manicure!!

Lilypad Lacquer "Wintery Bliss"


Lilypad Lacquer "Wintery Bliss"




"Wintery Bliss" is a blackened midnight teal with sapphire and amethyst shimmers and sparkles, starry holographic twinkles, and an incredible emerald color shift.  Such a brilliantly complex polish; it really does remind me of a contented winter morning spent snuggling under a warm downy comforter, while the deep cold sky outside slowly lightens to a soft snowy gray.  I love the coziness of winter, and the juxtaposition between the frigid crystalline air outside and the perfect toasty cuddliness inside.  "Wintery Bliss" captures the feeling masterfully.  On the nail it usually reads as a deep night blue with purple shimmer, but then it will dramatically shift to this enchanted forest green with just the barest kiss of gold at the edges, and it is just breathtaking.  Then of course there are the little holographic sparkles- not a glitter, not a shimmer, but harnessing the star-like quality of one, and the faintly linear effect of the other for a completely enchanting in-between character that is just right.


Lilypad Lacquer "Wintery Bliss"







Lilypad Lacquer "Wintery Bliss"


As usual, Lilypad Lacquer delivers an incredible formula; this was perfect in two simple, smooth, even coats.  I've been wearing on my nails this for two days now, and some minor tip wear is all it has to show for it.  "Wintery Bliss" is part of the Llarowe exclusive Seasons of Change collection, along with a pink "Blossom", green "Springtime", purple "Stormy Skies", russet "Fallen Leaves", and gold "Sizzling Sun". The Seasons of Change nail polish collection may be found on www.llarowe.com for $13 a bottle.  Lilypad Lacquer is lovingly handmade in Australia by the endlessly imaginative Nicole :)

Which is your favorite season??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment