Thursday, February 12, 2015

Liquid Sky Lacquer : Valentine's Day Duo "Love is in the Air" + "Thinking of You" ♥

Well hello, dahlings!  I've missed this.  I just had my midterm review, and I thought a review of a different genre might be a nice way to wind down after the past couple days' cram.  The moment February dawned I immediately began slathering on all of my love-themed polishes, and have been so anxious to share them with you!!  This duo was released for Valentine's Day last year, but I've been picking them off during sales and such, just in time for this year's celebration of love ♥



Liquid Sky Lacquer "Love is in the Air"

Liquid Sky Lacquer "Thinking of You"

♥ * ♥ * ♥

>> Love is in the Air <<


"Love is in the Air" is a sugar-spun mauve pink, misted with pale champagne gold and holo shimmer, and sprinkled with little fuchsia flakies flashing cobalt violet.  This airily whimsical hue is daintily reminiscent of wispy light clouds of fairy floss, and silken slippers on tiptoe.  The faint kiss of lilac lends a ladylike sensibility to such fanciful sweetness. 




"Love is in the Air" was somewhat sheer, for shimmer suspending purposes, though it does adhere to a pleasantly quick dry time.  Not quick enough to prevent me from marring my ring nail beyond repair in a moment of goofiness, but with enough spritely speed to make the three requisite coats pass quickly (though I used four to eliminate glow-through potential under the camera's scrutiny). 





♥ * ♥ * ♥

>> Thinking of You <<


"Thinking of You" is the delicate lavender mist, twinkling with its dazzling veil of holographic and pale gold shimmer, and crowned with silver and violet microflakies that shift in sparks of magenta and ultramarine blue (the violet flakes, anyway).  The polish would almost simply be a cool, contemplative light gray if not for the expressive purple ripples of shimmer emphasizing the amaranthine undertones in the base.  Such a beautifully wistful composition, and very illustrative of the dreamlike longing one has for their heart's other half on this upcoming day of love.




Though other reviews feature "Thinking of You" in two to three coats, I needed no less than five for absolute opacity.  Its beauty and quick dry time make the layering a reasonable endeavor, though it is never exactly ideal.  It might be worth saving some time and precious polish by layering over a one-coat cool lavender gray, such as Zoya "Megan" perhaps.






♥ * ♥ * ♥

Liquid Sky Lacquer  is available at several online retailers; for starters, both Valentine's Day 2014 polishes are currently available at the Liquid Sky Lacquer big cartel store for $12.50.  I picked up "Thinking of You" for a lovely clearance price of $7.00 from Color4Nails, who incidentally I highly recommend for their great sales and fabulously fast order processing/shipping (especially for those of us in the west, as they are based in Nevada).  Llarowe and Harlow & Co. do not appear to have these in stock, though I made a positive sighting at Norway Nails for my Scandinavian sweethearts!

♥ * ♥ * ♥



How do you feel about Valentine's Day??  Hopefully not nauseated, because I have many more sappy love polishes to wear and share before this month is out ;)  I personally have always loved Valentine's Day; even in my eternally single stage, I loved Valentine's Day.  The pink, the chocolate, the hearts, the flowers... all good things, if nothing else.  And yet, I also just appreciate the occasion to acknowledge the love and affection in our lives and the world.  Yes, I know, it can be frivolous, and sometimes downright sickening, and perhaps even bitter at times, but if we are to set aside days to commemorate disaster, sorrow, and terrible losses of life, it is only fitting in my mind that some balance is sought to likewise recognize and celebrate the general existence of such a necessary, natural, and beautiful force: love. 

Because in the grand scheme of things, what's the point without it?

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

No comments:

Post a Comment