Tuesday, February 7, 2017

frankenpolish "Vintage Hydrangea"

There is a special time on a winter night when the milky sky will gather up all the snow-reflected light, and create from it an opaline mauve glow.  This color reminds me of that phenomenon, one of my favorites and most treasured during the year.

I love winter, as anyone who knows me even a little bit can attest, and I love flowers, and I think this twinkling muted mauve strikes a lovely balance between the two for this romantic month of February.  I think it might be a relatively easy one to make, too!

>>> vintage hydrangea <<<



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ♥️ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Recipe:

1/2 bottle of  Ulta "Lav-ish"
1/4 bottle of  Finger Paints "Crystalline Crush"
1/4 bottle of  Sinful Colors "Purple Diamond"
dash of  TKB Trading Mermaid Collection "Fairy Violet"
smidgen of  Wonder Beauty Prismatic Platinum Illusion Powder





>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ♥️ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

♥️ sister love ♥️

My auntie has recently gotten me hooked Downton Abbey- it's about time, she's been after me to watch it for ages, and now that I've finally started I'm a little bit obsessed.  I was just thinking that this polish might make a fitting compliment to our Sunday ritual: knitting, tea, Downton.  She's been away in Minnesota for a week and a half now, and I confess I'm feeling positively desolate without our tea parties.  Kellen (the boyfriend) accidentally started watching with us, too, and he's been pestering me to cheat and watch more with him.  He's been making it darn hard to stick to my promise never to watch without my dear auntie!  It wouldn't be the same, anyway.  She is indispensable to the experience; she brings with her a classic charm, like a vintage hydrangea in timeless bloom.

xoxo,
Marisa

4 comments:

  1. That color is gorgeous! I particularly love it with the gray sweater. Have you been wearing your new frankenpolishes or just swatching them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karyn!! I'll have to post a picture of the shawl once it's blocked; I knit it with Knit One Crochet Too Brae Tweed in colorway "Moor", and it's so very soft and wonderful.

      I have worn a couple of my frankens! Not this one yet, though. When I returned to blogging, I decided to use swatch sticks instead of swatching on my fingers with the hope of speeding up the process while simultaneously relieving the stress and dissatisfaction of not being able to whimsically pick mani colors. In truth, I haven't been very good at keeping up my manis lately! Too much knitting, not enough painting haha.

      Delete
  2. Loving your frankens, my dear. This one is utterly lovely and perfectly named. Wonderful pic of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      This means everything! I'm so happy that you're enjoying the random creations. I'm also glad that you like the name of this one; I worried it was a bit predictable, but it was what I felt so meh what the heck.
      Elsa and Mirabelle have been cuddling up a storm recently! Well, mostly Mirabelle cuddling Elsa, though the big girl doesn't seem to mind. Not sure where all the affection is suddenly coming from, but it's crazy cute so I just hope it continues!!

      Delete