Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Different Dimension "Christmas At Tiffany's"

Hello, dahling!  So charming of you to drop by.  If you'll believe it, Fred dear, I only watched "Breakfast At Tiffany's" for the first time a few weeks ago.  I'm not generally one for old movies, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and how often it made me laugh.  Okay so yes, Holly Golightly is a little aggravating, and the macho 60's rendition of romance a little alarming (no, Holly, I will NOT unhand you in the public library, and yes, I WILL physically shake you until you are agreeable), but that and the creepy Doc character aside, it was quite lovely!  ;)

If I were to pick my favorite part of the film, it would be this polish!  Probably that technically shouldn't count, but hey, my blog, my rules, so "Christmas At Tiffany's" it is.  It's the second of my Different Dimension holiday collection polishes that I've worn so far, the first being "No One Elsa But You" as reviewed here, and wow, Missi is really taking it away with these gorgeously frosted, festive lacquers.

"Did I ever tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?" ...with a good, sparkling, shimmering aqua on my nails? 




"Christmas At Tiffany's" is a perfectly minted Tiffany blue crelly twinkling with white hex and square glitters, small silver holographic stars and squares, and a dusting of iridescent shimmer.  Whimsical and airy with a glimmering of elegance, just like the lady Golightly herself.



"Christmas At Tiffany's" has a smashing formula that glides on smoothly, dries quickly, and is opaque in three coats.  The glitter is supposed to be sparing and snowflake-like I think, as though Holly had just tossed some confetti into the air at one of her sparkling soirées.  I wasn't sure if I would seize upon a star but on my last coat a whole bunch of them conveniently presented themselves; the points do tend to be enamored with the brush so if you feel like you aren't catching any maybe check there. 

"Christmas At Tiffany's" may be found at Different Dimension for $8.75 and Llarowe for $11.

Where would your fantasy Christmas or breakfast be (if it weren't at home, that is)?

XOXO
Marisa + Sprinklepuff

No comments:

Post a Comment